(this post also appears in Dr. Novak’s blog under “Internship/Volunteer Opportunity”)
Nassau County’s only residential system for Runaway and Homeless youth are looking for interns, volunteers, and mentors to assist with meeting the youth’s needs. Nassau Haven is a short term Emergency Shelter and Walkabout is a long term Independent Living Program. Both locations are looking for committed individuals who want to make a positive difference in a young person’s life.
For more information, please email questions and resumes to Bill Best at WBest@familyandchildrens.org
Since 1987, The CollegeBound Network (CBN) has worked with America’s leading colleges, universities, and career schools in connecting learners with educational opportunities.
This internship is in Human Resources.
This internship requires class credit and is NON-Paid.
Location is in Staten Island, NY 10314.
Responsibilities: Seeking responsible, proactive and motivated students who are eager to learn, make a meaningful contribution, and look forward to grow within the company ranks. Intern(s) will participate in a variety of projects, which may include:
• Assist with all aspects of recruitment
• Assist with New Hire Packets and training
• Assist with recruitment filing system
• Create new hire personnel files
• Respond to all employment inquiries in a timely manner
• Assist with benefits administration as needed
• Assist as needed with monthly benefit enrollment for new hires and preparation
• Assist with terminations, I-9 and medical filing
• Special Projects as assigned
• All other duties as assigned
For more information about this internship, login or join Internships.com and search for The CollegeBound network.