Children of Promise, NYC (CPNYC) is a community based organization located in Brooklyn that provides a year round, unique, integrated service model that meets the distinctive needs of children with an incarcerated parent(s).
CPNYC’s mission is to provide our children with guidance, support and the necessary resources to effectively develop leadership skills, form positive social relationships and enhance academic performance. Implementing the principles and best practices of youth development, this innovative after-school and summer program infuses a mental health model.
Here at CPNYC, we are always looking for passionate professionals who are interested in joining our cause. See below for our open positions. Children of Promise, NYC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For specific information about internship positions and how to apply: go here.
Renown for merging the worlds of art, fashion and pop culture with candy, Dylan’s Candy Bar is the largest, state-of-the-art sweets emporium. Dylan’s Candy Bar is not your average “candy store” as it’s home to over 7,500 candies from around the world, making it the most popular destination for the ultimate sugar rush experience. Dylan’s Candy Bar features candy-inspired fashion, a café serving delicious baked treats and gourmet ice cream, as well as a party room and candy-cocktail bar. Giant Pop Art installations of oversized candy adorn the store and transport visitors to a modern day Candy Land, awakening the creative spirit and inner child in everyone.
Dylan’s Candy Bar stores are currently located in New York City, East Hampton, Los Angeles and coming soon to Miami as well as in prestigious wholesale venues around the globe. For more information please visit http://www.DylansCandyBar.com or http://www.facebook.com/DylansCandy.
We are looking for a Human Resources Intern to join our team. The right candidate will be exposed to a dynamic and exciting opportunity for learning and growing in all disciplines in the Human Resources body of knowledge.
Please send your resume and cover letter: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Compensation: This is an unpaid internship, MetroCard will be provided
Tasks and Responsibilities
• Participating in the all recruiting and staffing activities
• Participating in the on-boarding and off-boarding function;
• Assistance in the weekly payroll process
• Acting as a contributor for various HR projects
Skills and Competencies
• Ability to juggle multiple tasks in a fast paced, high pressured environment
• Exemplifies initiative, drive and ownership of work product
• Ability to provide outstanding customer service
• Ability to maintain a fair, consistent set of standards as they apply to workforce
• Ability to adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to maintain records and documentation pertaining to workforce
• Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, understandable manner, and listen attentively to others, understands material, and provides instructions to associates
• Human Resources Management Degree in progress
• Knowledge of the US labor regulatory environment and reporting requirements related to Human Resources;
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to relate with all levels of staff and management;
• Must possess keen attention to details
• Ability to maintain professional demeanor and composure under potentially stressful situations
• Must demonstrate exceptional judgment, discretion, confidentiality and professional courtesy
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Proficient in Word, PowerPoint and Outlook;
• Must possess advance Excel skills
To apply: http://www.internships.com/posting/Human-Resource-Intern-I4770769
The Family Translational Research Group at NYU is seeking students to assist with research on a wide variety of cutting edge topics. Students can access the application and details about the position on the FTRG website: http://www.nyu.edu/dental/ftrg/joinus.html
If you land this position, you might considering earning internship credit. Click on the links below for more details, and if you think earning credit is the right way to go, schedule an appointment with Dr. Weingartner on Clickbook:
Psy credit (required: min 3.0 Psy GPA + completion of 18 sh in Psy)
Electives credit (required: min 2.5 cum GPA + completion of 1 semester at Hofstra)